Outside Plant Field Technician
Seeking an Outside Plant Field Technician to join a locally owned and operated Internet company. This is a dynamic position where you will be involved in project planning/execution as it relates to fiber or cable builds in both residential and commercial environments. This is a general labor role with the opportunity to advance and further your career.
StratusIQ provides best-in-class fiber-to-the-premises Internet to entire school districts, Colorado Spring’s only 5-star hotel/resort, military bases, commercial parks, apartment complexes, neighborhoods, rural areas, etc.
• Report to Outside Plant Manager (and Engineering team as needed)
• Burying conduit via mechanical means (trenchers/plows) and in some cases by hand
• Utility locating (paid trained if needed)
• Repair of fiber/utility damages
• Quality control inspection of contractor work (paid training if needed)
• Adhere to and ensure that all industry safety practices and rules are being followed
• Occasionally interface with homeowners and business owners, as required
• Perform other outside plant-related duties as required
• Assist (and learn from) fiber splicers, as required
Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements
• 2+ years of experience in the construction field, ideally with 1+ years in telecommunications infrastructure.
• Ability to work independently when needed
• Experience operating trenchers and/or plows is preferred
• Experience towing utility trailers
• Organized with the ability to prioritize and sequence a variety of tasks
• Creative problem solver that uses common sense to solve unexpected obstacles
• Valid driver’s license.
Hourly pay range of $16-$19 with bonuses and profit-sharing plan.
StratusIQ offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more. We reserve the option to do a reference, drug and/or background check.