OSP Project Manager
The Outside Plant (OSP) Project Manager will have strong leadership skills, project management fundamentals, and administrative skills to apply towards planning, organizing, and prioritizing work for the OSP department. The OSP Project Manager will monitor and control in-flight projects with external contractors and internal personnel, reporting on progress and variances to the plan. Experience in Telcom Infrastructure is a plus.
This position will require some field work which may require the use of a personal vehicle which would be subject to mileage paid for by the company and may include overtime, weekends and off-hours to be worked.
StratusIQ provides best-in-class fiber-to-the-premises Internet to entire school districts, Colorado Spring’s only 5-star hotel/resort, military bases, commercial parks, apartment complexes, neighborhoods, rural areas, etc.
• Work with design team to complete construction estimates including scope, schedule and cost along with identification of major risks and assumptions.
• Assist with the creation of bid documents and administration of bid reviews for contractor selection.
• Plan and initiate projects from construction estimates when contracts are signed from the sales team.
• Monitor and control in flight projects and report on variances of scope, schedule, and cost.
• Initiate quality assurance and maintain issue logs when appropriate.
• Administer Project Change Requests with project sponsors and contractors.
• Administer project documents including plans, tracking and reports with version control.
• Maintain proper project communication with all stakeholders.
• Work with the OSP Manager to assign and direct field work in accordance with project and business priorities.
• Assists OSP team in improvement and implementation of templates, policies, and procedures to improve operations.
• Assist OSP team to enter and maintain department records with version control.
• Assist OSP team with tracking and quantifying operational tasks.
• Participate in permit and construction processes to support project contracts.
• Other duties and responsibilities as required or assigned to support the department or the company.
Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements
• Be able to read and follow instructions, prints, and specifications relating to OSP projects.
• Knowledge of mapping and design techniques, tools, and principals used in OSP specification.
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
• Strong organization and time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, and track schedules.
• Motivated and self-driven with the ability to perform tasks independently.
• Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word. Knowledge of Project Management software and Microsoft Office Project Management templates.
• Ability to maintain documents and communications for multiple projects at a time.
• Aptitude to improve and learn new skills and methods as needed.
Education and Experience
• Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Must be willing to complete project management coursework.
• Aspiration for project management certification a plus.
• 2 years’ experience working in telecommunications construction project management preferred, similar experience may be considered.
• Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to pass a drug screening and background test
Hourly pay range of $25-$29 with bonuses and profit-sharing plan.
StratusIQ offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more. We reserve the option to do a reference, drug and/or background check.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor within reason. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others and which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Furthermore, job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-‐will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.