StratusIQ, a locally owned and operated ISP that specializes in Fiber-to-the-Premises, is looking for a Full-Time Network Engineer or Network Administrator to join our Systems team.
The position is dynamic and we would like you to be involved in understanding planning, growth and troubleshooting as a Network Admin/Engineer, specifically as it relates to business and residential customers.
- Report directly to the Systems Manager and work with other departments/teams, as needed.
- Telephone, television and network engineering services, many of which need to be connected, configured, deployed then performance monitored.
- Layer 2 Networking (basic switching and bridging, VLANs, MPLS).
- Layer 3 Networking (Static Routing, OSPF, BGP).
- IPV4 and IPV6 protocols.
- Propose streamlined solution(s), including advising on hardware/software/firmware solutions.
- Occasionally interface with business owners and/or homeowners, as required.
- Perform a range of device configurations and setups.
- Build upon existing knowledge in the field of IP networking deployment in an ISP and OSP capacity.
Skills, Qualifications, and Requirements:
- 2-5 years of experience in an ISP or equivalent environment experience.
- Enthusiastic about technology with the motivation to learn independently.
- Awareness of how technology impacts business.
- The desire to work as part of a team.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Demonstrate an inherent desire to learn, supported with enthusiasm for technology.
- Focus on finding appropriate long-term solutions to technical issues.
- The ability to take ownership over technical issues and see them through to resolution.
- Strong critical thinking aptitude and troubleshooting experience.
Competitive salary based on experience with yearly bonuses.
StratusIQ offers a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental, Vision, Vacation, Holidays, and much more. We reserve the option to do a reference, drug and/or background check.