IP Network Engineer Principal responsibility for support of backbone equipment to deliver voice, video, and data services. Perform a range of device and equipment configurations and setups, along with advanced network maintenance and monitoring.
This position will require some fieldwork which may require the use of personal vehicles and tools which would be subject to mileage paid for by the company and may include overtime, weekends, and off-hours to be worked.
- Support system configurations and infrastructure across multiple systems including core IP network, internal IP network, IP video systems, VOIP system, DHCP, and DNS.
- Research and understand industry-standard practices and communicate methods to utilize for meeting business needs.
- Research and propose future network designs and changes to meet the needs of the business.
- Implement approved plans for new technologies or capacity enhancements to existing networks or systems.
- Properly operate and maintain network meters, testing tools, and equipment.
- Configure and administer Network Monitoring systems like Solarwinds, What’s Up Gold or other SNMP traps to meet business requirements. Monitor network performance regarding high- availability, utilization, throughput, and latency and proactively identify improvements.
- Take ownership of technical issues including tier 3 support tickets and drive to resolution.
- Open tickets and work technical problems with vendor support groups for a variety of systems.
- Create and maintain configuration documentation of various systems.
- Follow proper change management and problem management processes including outage reporting and root cause analysis completion.
- Actively participate in technical department meetings, assignments, and challenges.
- Design technical solutions and proposals for completing required expansions, improvements, or special projects.
- Participate in after-hour support and system monitoring.
- Assist or perform other duties as required by the business or special projects
- Must be flexible with tasks, deadlines, and competing priorities.
- Enthusiastic about technology with the motivation to learn independently.
- Willing to research and support legacy equipment or systems when required.
- An awareness of how technology impacts business and understanding of business requirements.
- Strong critical thinking aptitude and troubleshooting experience.
- The desire to work as part of a team.
- Professional confidence, and a passion for solving problems.
- A positive, courteous demeanor.
- Sense of urgency for a customer service environment.
- Openness to feedback and ability to learn from experience.
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience with Layer 1 networking including installations, cabling, fiber management, and labeling.
- Hands-on experience performing Layer 2 Networking configurations (switching and bridging, VLANs, VPLS)
- Hands-on experience performing Layer 3 Networking configurations (Routing, OSPF, BGP, MPLS)
- Understanding of IPV4 and IPV6 protocols, segmenting, and subnetting.
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving layer 2 and layer 3 routing and switching.
- Experience troubleshooting hardware/software issues and running diagnostics.
- Experience in a service provider environment required.
- Experience with Extreme and/or Juniper platforms is a plus.
- Experience with an FTTH ISP a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Visio or equivalent system documentation tools.
- Ability to learn quickly then support various business applications.
- CCNA certification or equivalent.
- CCNP or desire to obtain.
- Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent, three to five years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Be able to work outside in any weather conditions when necessary.
- Possess basic general hand tools required to perform equipment installations or repairs.
- The candidate must live within 30 minutes of Colorado Springs, CO.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be able to pass a drug screening and background test.
Benefits including Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Disability Insurance, & 401(k) program
Accrued paid vacation
Sustainable work-life balance and flexibility
We’re looking for the best of those who desire to continue or expand upon their body of work within the ISP industry.
Looking for highly skilled, passionate people to help us grow.
If you’re ready to learn, be inspired, solve problems, grow professionally, and unleash your talent, apply today!
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her supervisor within reason. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, it is possible that requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate disabled individuals. However, no accommodations will be made which may pose serious health or safety risks to the employee or others and which impose undue hardships on the organization.
Furthermore, job descriptions are not intended as and do not create employment contracts. The organization maintains its status as an at-will employer. Employees can be terminated for any reason not prohibited by law.